Jewelry Repair Durham
Lafayette Jewelers and Repair will provide you with a free estimate for recommended work needed to be done. Our 36 years of experience in the jewelry industry means you can trust us to handle your precious, most personal fine jewelry possessions with the greatest of care while returning it back to you like new.
Some of our most requested fine jewelry repairs include:
- Shank work (including soldering, ring sizing, mounting assembly and installation while you wait, watch or shop)
- All prong work (including re tipping and replacing prongs).
- Stone setting (including tightening, channel set, bezel set, bead set, pavé set and bright cutting).
- Finishing (including plating, enamel/epoxy, polishing & clean ring, satin finish and florentine finish).
- Chain repairs/soldering (including advanced chain repair, basic chain repair, chain braiding with soldering, jump ring solder and charm soldering).
- Clasp repair (including spring rings, fish hook, box clasp, lobster claw, box clasp and barrel clasp).
- Pearl repair (including knotted restringing, restring without knots, drill pearl and glue pearl).
- Earring repair (including soldering post, screw-back and post conversion, lever-back drop conversion and converting bracelet link to earring).
- Fabrication (including rebuilding bezel, seat and channel sets, gold link rebuilding, gold link addition/removal and bail repair).
- Platinum (basic and advanced platinum welding and ring sizing).
- Miscellaneous (including fabrication, gold testing and diamond testing).
- Watch repair (including watch link removal, battery replacement, crystal replacement/repair and rebuilding movements).
- Custom design work and special order is our specialty
- State of the art jewelry engraving, including inside ring engraving.
- Rhodium plating.
- We can size your engagement ring and set your precious diamond or gem stone while you wait and watch.
- In general, we repair all kind of fine jewelry and watches in 22K,18K,14K, 10K, Silver, Platinum, and some good quality costume jewelry.
- We guarantee our work.
- We are bonded and insured.
- Rush and special order is our specialty
- Lafayette Jewelers is the only place in the Triangle Area where you can have your jewelry fixed and diamond reset while you wait and watch.